Sunday, February 27, 2011

and the award goes to....

I always get disappointed at awards shows because in my mind, forget the acting, the best dresses should win! Here are my two Academy Award (of style) winners for this evening.

Mila Kunis in Elie Saab Spring Couture '11

I think I have a girl crush on Mila Kunis, she can do no wrong in my eyes. From the McQueen she sashayed in to the Golden Globes to this triumph, I hope that she is in a film as acclaimed as this next year, just so I can see what she pulls off.

Cate Blanchett in Givenchy Spring Couture '11

Proving once again that Australians have more fashion sense than just board-shorts, bikinis and thongs (flips-flops for the linguistically challenged), Cate Blanchett looked like an ethereal goddess from the future. I was so disappointed when I was reading through Twitter all this hate towards the dress. It's a triumph of construction and form, and I think a stronger piece from the collection than the bird gown we saw at the Grammys on Florence Welch.

Ricardo Tisci, I support you.

bisoux
k

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I really loved Mila Kunis! Her dress was so chic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this dress! and her ofcourse! x

    ReplyDelete